The Moving Home Checklist was intended to assist you in keeping track of all the critical steps involved in moving.
This checklist covers everything you’ll need to finish your move, from finding a conveyancer to throwing a housewarming party.
You can print a copy of this list or follow our blogs to receive it in bite-sized bits as you progress through the process. Good luck with your relocation!
- If you’ve located your new home and your offer has been accepted! A simple move can take up to 8 weeks to complete if there are no issues. To ensure a seamless property sale or purchase, it’s critical to get the legal side in place as soon as possible.
- With just over a month until your move, you may want to start getting rid of anything you don’t want to take with you. Clearing out your belongings will save you money on your move and make unpacking a breeze!
- Once you are all set with finalizing all your legal work and getting the house keys, you may hire your preferred best moving company in Melbourne and arrange for parking and permits to remove vehicles at both places. It’s almost time!
- It’s all about confirming essential things in preparation for your transfer at this point. If your moving company does not offer extra services like unplugging washing machines, disassembling/reassembling furniture, or packaging, now is an excellent time to arrange for these as well. If you plan to move from one city to another, it is always good to approach interstate furniture removalists in Melbourne who can make things really smooth and stress-free.
- It’s your last week at your old address before moving into your new one, and the focus this week is on organizing, packing, and getting ready to depart!
- On a day when emotions are likely to run high, having a plan can help you feel calm and in charge, ensuring that you know what you need to accomplish on your final morning at the property. Prepare for your removal company’s arrival so that they can get to work right away. Determine whether any boxes require special handling or should not be taken by them.